Finding a Literary Agent:
- If you can’t finish a book, you can’t get an agent.
- Why get an agent? #1 Reason – contract negotiation with publishers.
- If you are querying an agent in person, treat them like a person, not like a gazelle.
- Have SMART goals: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time-Based.
- Monitor your progress on your goals.
- Pre-writing the background of your characters can help you decide what choices they are going to make in your story.
- Listening to your characters may drastically change your story, but maybe for the better.
- Make sure that you do research and get feedback if your character is an “other” (i.e. not like you).
I Write, I Edit, I Write Again. Witness!
We're Making Better Words, All of Them, Better Words.
I Write to Burn Off the Crazy.
A Good Day Writing is a Day Writing.
It Puts the Words on the Page or it Gets the Hose Again.
Just Keep Writing, Just Keep Writing; Writing, Writing, Writing...